Outreach Ambassador at Care International وقت كامل وظيفةمنذ سنة - مستقلة مستقلة - North - 281 الآراء
Deadline April 2!!
CARE is a leading relief and development non-governmental organization fighting global poverty. Established in 1946, it is now a confederation composed of 14 members and 4 affiliates. In 2016, CARE worked in 84 countries around the world, supporting development and humanitarian aid projects to reach more than 83 million people.
Locations: (Specify in the message, which location you want to apply to!!!!!!!)
- Akkar: 3 vacancies
- Tripoli: 6 vacancies
- Aley: 3 vacancies
CARE is a leading relief and development non-governmental organization fighting global poverty. Established in 1946, it is now a confederation composed of 14 members and 4 affiliates. In 2016, CARE worked in 84 countries around the world, supporting development and humanitarian aid projects to reach more than 83 million people. While CARE is a large international organization with more than 11,000 employees worldwide, we have a strong local presence: 95% of our staff are nationals of the countries where our programs are run.
CARE International in Lebanon (CIL) is implementing a regional response to the Syrian Crisis to meet the immediate and most urgent needs of the women, men, boys and girls who have fled Syria. Launched in September 1st 2018, the 2 years´ multi-country project “Strengthening access to protection, participation and services for women refugees, Internally displaced people IDPs and host communities” is funded by the European Union Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis, the EU “MADAD” Fund. The overall objective is to improve the livelihood, agency and legal and social protection for Syrian women refugees, IDPs as well as for women in the host communities in Lebanon. To address the multi-layered repercussions of the protracted refugee crises on women and girls, a consortia with credible and experienced national and international organizations was formed. In Lebanon the consortia is formed of EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) , Care International Lebanon (CIL), Legal Action Worldwide (LAW) and Lebanese Women Democratic Gathering (RDFL).
The Ambassador will be working through the SDC in (Mount Lebanon, North, Akkar) and will support the social workers and the gender and protection focal point in implementing the activities of a new project as part of an anticipated Madad funded consortium that addresses issues of women’s rights, strengthening capacity and provision of legal services. CARE as part of this consortium will be developing community-based protection practices, programs, and activities with the Ministry of Social Affairs (MoSA) to support and strengthen its social development centers (SDCs). The ambassador will be working directly through the SDC’s and support the center in a specific area in initiatives to address gender-based violence, sexual and reproductive health information, and youth safe spaces and implement community outreach activities.
Detailed Responsibilities & Tasks:
- General duties and responsibilities:
- Support the social workers with the Implementation of PSS, SRHR and awareness activities as planned by CARE international in Lebanon for community members and beneficiaries attending SDCs and RDFL centers.
- Refer beneficiaries or identified cases to social workers with adhering to the confidentiality and safe identification guidelines.
- To provide support in the delivery of all aspects of community outreach activities.
- To provide information and support beneficiaries to access SDC services.
- Help organize and participate in service promotion and awareness information dissemination to community and beneficiaries.
- Regularly attend events and maintain coordination with local organizations, CBOs and stakeholders to foster positive relations with communities.
- Attend relevant trainings conducted by CARE or/and its partners and other organizations that would assist/support in the delivery of assigned activities.
- Maintain positive communication and attitude with beneficiaries and communities and represent CARE international in Lebanon with adhering to CARE’s code of conducts and guidelines.
- Report outcome of assigned activities or/and other relevant information to the GBV field specialist.
- Liaise with community members, stakeholders, committees and organizations with the support of the social workers to identify and invite participants to attend the SDC activities, in addition to supporting social workers in formatting and categorizing groups for the activities based on age, gender and other categories.
- Safely collect and store relevant data from the activities (attendance sheets...etc)
- Support with documenting events and activities implemented within the project.
- Be available to participate in meetings in the centre or in CARE’s Office (if needed).
- A high degree of flexibility on the part of all staff is expected in order to respond to the ever-evolving situation.
- He/she can be asked required to perform other related duties as identified by his supervisor.
- Strong interpersonal skill and communication skills;
- Strong observation, analytical and listening skills
- The ability to negotiate/mediate/interpret on behalf of beneficiaries
- a compassionate, caring, and non-judgmental personality.
- Punctuality and respect for applicable rules and procedures;
- Ethical and transparent decision-making;
- Outgoing with effective communication skills
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Timely and dependable
Knowledge of GBV issues
Degree is a plus
IT / Software / Technical Skills:
Familiarity with MS Office software
The project involves training sessions delivered on campus by professional mentors over the course of two years with internships and job placements opportunities.